Kittens and Books

My name is Katie, and I am a reader, writer, and book blogger. I read mainly young adult, although sometimes I venture into adult or children's books.

My blog, where I post book discussions, reviews, and the occasional writing-related post, is Kittens and Books.

Odeful

Odeful - Jennifer Recchio I received a review copy of this book through Netgalley.

My reviews can also be found on my blog.

This collection grew better as it went on, but it didn't start off very strongly. The first poem, Odeful, was humorous and cute, but it didn't hook my attention. It felt like something was missing - which, unfortunately, seemed to set the tone fairly well for the rest of the collection.

After These Messages marked the start of some stronger writing. The poems beyond this point felt like they had more meaning and purpose than those at the beginning of the book. This trend continued and I was so glad, because it was such an improvement.

Still, I have to say that several of the poems didn't have anything extra - anything to make them stand out as special to me. They were well-written, but there wasn't enough emotion there for me.