Kittens and Books

My name is Katie, and I am a reader, writer, and book blogger. I read mainly young adult, although sometimes I venture into adult or children's books.

My blog, where I post book discussions, reviews, and the occasional writing-related post, is Kittens and Books.

The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett I really loved this book. Each character felt so real and I felt for all of them. This was also my first attempt at an audiobook, though I cheated a little at the beginning by reading the chapters in an ebook instead.

The character development was so good in this book, and the kids felt so real I kept thinking how adorable they were. I loved the idea of the secret garden and of Dickon and his animals. I was rooting for Colin to be better the whole way and even felt for his dad and Dickon's mom, although they weren't there through most of the story. Of course I also loved Mary, and seeing her learn so much.

This is definitely one of my favorites, and I'm a little sorry it took me so long to get into reading it.