Kittens and Books

My name is Katie, and I am a reader, writer, and book blogger. I read mainly young adult, although sometimes I venture into adult or children's books.

My blog, where I post book discussions, reviews, and the occasional writing-related post, is Kittens and Books.

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson This is about Amy and Roger, who go on a road trip when Roger drives her to move in with her mother, who she hasn't seen in a month. Amy's mother has the entire trip planned out but Amy and Roger decide to take a detour, which involves going places completely different from schedule - and eventually to places that aren't even on the way.

Throughout the road trip Amy and Roger get to know each other, and she also meets several other characters who, while they play small parts, are very interesting. It was nice to see Amy open up over the course of the book and to see her relationship with Roger develop.

I stayed up late to finish this book (until one in the morning!) and definitely didn't regret it. To me it was a bit of a slow start, but once I got into the story I was hooked. I loved the little bits and pictures, and how the state mottos were incorporated into the book.

Overall I love it, would recommend it to anyone, and have given it 5 stars. It was perfect.