Kittens and Books

My name is Katie, and I am a reader, writer, and book blogger. I read mainly young adult, although sometimes I venture into adult or children's books.

My blog, where I post book discussions, reviews, and the occasional writing-related post, is Kittens and Books.

One, Two, Three

One, Two, Three - Elodie Nowodazkij My reviews can also be found on my blog.

I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This one starts off slow, but it doesn’t take long to be invested in the characters. It also really shines at the end. The story was full of heart and hope, even while dealing with difficult situations. It really focused on being yourself – not only parts of it, but everything you are. Natalya really learned this through the book, as she realized how much revolving her entire life around ballet hurt her.

I really felt for the characters while reading. Natalya was wonderful and her growth was nice to see. I was so proud of her by the end of the book, because she faced so much and handled it pretty well, given the circumstances.

The side characters were great as well. Becca is a great friend, very forgiving and always there for Natalya – although I can say parts of that felt a little unrealistic. Some flaws would have made her more interesting as a character, but I still enjoyed her. I loved her and James, and I also loved Tonio and Natalya’s relationship.

That said, I feel this book is right in the middle. It has its flaws. I feel like this wasn’t great, but average.